Representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers
Bowel Cancer Australia is an organisational member of the Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF).
The CHF is the national peak body representing the interests of Australian healthcare consumers.
CHF works to achieve safe, quality, timely healthcare for all Australians, supported by accessible health information and systems.
CHF does this by:
- advocating for appropriate and equitable healthcare
- undertaking consumer-based research and developing a strong consumer knowledge base
- identifying key issues in safety and quality of health services for consumers
- raising the health literacy of consumers, health professionals and stakeholders
- providing a strong national voice for health consumers and supporting consumer participation in health policy and program decision making.
CHF member organisations reach thousands of Australian health consumers across a wide range of health interests and health system experiences.
CHF policy is developed through consultation with members, ensuring that CHF maintains a broad, representative, health consumer perspective.
CHF is committed to being an active advocate in the ongoing development of Australian health policy and practice.